Discovering, developing and reimagining musical theatre is at the heart of The Other Palace. We’re passionate about theatre and want our spaces to encourage and nurture the next generation of theatre-makers and musicals. Alongside our programme of fully produced work we will be opening the doors to the development process with a range of initiatives, from connecting theatre-makers to staging workshop performances.
Our Mission Is
- To be a platform to discover, develop and promote musicals from within the UK and beyond.
- A home where we can break rules and work is encouraged to be exhaustively tried out.
- To be a safe destination for theatre makers and existing musical theatre initiatives to work and play free from pressure.
- To develop an audience for new musicals in the UK by placing the audience at the core of the development process.
We meet regularly to discuss and listen to all submissions and if we feel that The Other Palace could support your project we will be in touch to discuss this further.
For submissions to be considered by The Other Palace team we require the following information.
- A short synopsis
- The journey of the show to date
- Two contrasting songs that best show off your piece
- Your creative team if you have one in place
NEXT DATE: Wenesday 7 February 2018 at 6pm.
Creatives Connect is an informal opportunity to meet fellow theatre-makers and share ideas in The Other Gin Palace. Anyone is welcome – come have a drink and meet creatives at all stages in their careers. The Other Palace programming team will aim to help facilitate conversations to move projects or careers forward.
To find out more information and register to attend our next Creatives Connect, please click below:
Open Mic Night
Open Mic Nights (in association with The BRIT School) provides emerging artists from all disciplines the opportunity to perform original material for the first time. Open Mic Nights are for anyone who wants to try out new material in front of an audience.
NEXT DATE: Thursday 18 January 2018 at 8pm.
In association with Mercury Musical Developments, Musical Bites is a tasting menu of four exciting new British musicals in development. Audiences will see 15 minutes of each piece, staged and choreographed - getting a bite of these pieces by inspiring new writers.
NEXT DATE: April 2018
The Other Platform
Join us in The Other Gin Palace with London’s finest singer-songwriters for an intimate night of acoustic music. Our hand-picked musicians will keep you entertained all evening with an eclectic mix of original songs and classic hits.
The Other Platform is free to attend so just turn up, grab a drink and enjoy the music!
NEXT DATES: February 2018
If you are a singer-songwriter and would like to be considered to perform at The Other Palace, please email email@example.com. Your email needs to include:
- Links to your own music.
- Set list of cover material.
- Video links to live performances.
- A short biography.
We look forward to hearing from you!